Hey, you did it!
You found my music blog!

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

the Heart of the matter

It's strange how the last two months seem to have simply escaped.  

Like I've been lost, walking through a thick, dark cloud along with all my Colorado friends and loved ones and we are just now starting to see sunshine peeking out from behind the darkness.  


With roads being closed up and down the front range and much to deal with on the home front such as flood clean up, I had to take some time away from playing gigs.  It's been an period of serious contemplation and inquiry for me, a "yin"ward journey you might say.  These experiences have carved out a new perspective in me, a raw humility, a fresh understanding of what it is to be human, how we are all more alike than we are different.

The roads are beginning to re-open now and its a similar theme playing out in my heart as new pathways are opening up--allowing music, love and community to flow into my life like never before.  I've observed how having a more open heart makes performances feel easier and more authentic.  Heart to heart connections happen more frequently.  This is magic!  


Last week I was so happy to be a part of the Neil Young Tribute at Oskar Blues in Lyons, it was wonderful to see the town I love so much coming back to life and to visit with all the warm, loving souls there.

I hope you'll come out to a show soon, I'd love to see you!  Let's show up for each other, truly, and share in this crazy human experience of life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment