Hey, you did it!
You found my music blog!

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Redemption & True Love

The hail/rain/snow came down intermittently on Tuesday, reminding me that spring isn't nearly as far away as it seems.

A perfect example to me of how often times, in the darkest parts of our lives we don't realize how close the laughter really is, how quickly the good can shine through again.

I'll be totally honest, I've been through a very dark time recently, my health and with it my joy came crashing down around me and rather than pick up the pieces and go on, I just wallowed in it for a while.  Being a single parent and business owner meant that over the years I had slowly but surely let go of all the positive things I once did to take care of myself like meditation, yoga, hiking, getting out in nature, making time for music, friends and family and it took me a while to put down my feet and get back up off the ground.  I only mention the hard times though so I can talk about the redemption that followed.

Never Give Up.
Some part of me wanted to, but inside a little glimmer of hope and tenacity remained, lighting my path.  One night this past winter during the most difficult of my dark times, I was supposed to play for a woman's songwriter showcase.  I wasn't even sure if I could walk but, highly determined to play my set, I shuffled and winced my way onto the stage, acknowledged to the audience that I wasn't feeling all that great, then played with my whole heart, just gave it my all.

Afterwards a psychic healer came up and offered to give me a consultation, she said she wanted to help me if she could.  During our consult she had a number of fascinating insights for me including a vision of a man standing behind me, holding, supporting and loving me fully.  I found it hard to believe such a person could exist but took the leap of faith that she could be right and opened back up to dating again, something I pretty much had given up on after 7 years of failed attempts.  Turns out, she was 100% right.  There was an amazing man, my soul mate, out there, waiting for me.

And I found him!  True love found me.

Redemption.
It's not about meeting your true love, or any other life-changing fortunate event, it's about being open to the light that is just around the bend no matter how dark it seems.
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment